Wednesday, January 28, 2009

  • Main Page
  • It's About Time

    If you're walking down the right path
    and you're willing to keep walking,
    eventually you'll make progress.

    -Barack Obama

    I started 2009 in a flurry of good intentions, cast-on projects, and grand proclamations to knit, knit, knit. Twelve sweaters. 100 balls of yarn. Massive stash reduction.

    So it's about time that I finished my first project of the month:
    This is probably the worst possible photo of a gorgeous pair of socks - the Artichoke Socks in a gorgeous semi-solid Koigu. Stunning. And the first two balls of yarn knit in 2009. . . only 98 to go!

    I find myself in the midst of a great many large projects, including a husband sweater in cotton. The Cable Down Raglan is rapidly nearing completion. Which will be the first sweater of NaKniSweMoDo, but only a single ball of yarn. So it goes . . .
    In other promising news, my bread-baking life has been revolutionized thanks to a Christmas gift of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.
    Try it - it's amazing! And for all it's speediness, it's probably not the reason my productivity has been down, right?

    Labels: , , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Claire said...

    I've heard so many good things about "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day." I've just got to get that book! Your knitting is so lovely.

    1/29/2009 6:31 AM  
    Blogger Knitty Cent said...

    Artisian bread? please mail some! ^_^ Love the socks, such a nice color. The husband sweater looks like it's just about complete!

    1/29/2009 9:45 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    I bought the book with a gift certificate I got for Christmas. The white bread has got to be the best I've ever made. I'm still refining the whole wheat, though. Have you tried any of those?

    1/29/2009 12:30 PM  
    Blogger Shoshana said...

    So funny that you are back to baking bread, I have been seriously considering making a new sourdough starter. I guess it takes 7 years for us to come full circle!

    1/29/2009 7:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stash reduction is sometimes a beautiful thing, at least in so much as it makes room for what's really important (more yarn)

    I love the socks. What a great way to bring in the new year.

    1/30/2009 2:51 PM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    I love the bread machine I got last year and use it a lot. I'll have to check out the book - you can never have too much bread, right?

    1/31/2009 6:06 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is the greatest book! have you tried the Light Wheat Bread? I bake it in a loaf pan and it slices beautifully - I haven't bought bread from the store in weeks.

    2/02/2009 7:10 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Terri, Just read your blog on Hope--very beautiful and moving. A favoirte quote of mine if from John Kerry "One thing I've learned: Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly and most underrated agent of human change. Kindness that catches us by surprise brings out the best in our natures". If we all lived by that, wouldn't it be amazing. Love, Aunt Carol--get some sleep.

    2/07/2009 7:19 AM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    My mom brought me that recipe over Christmas. I haven't tried it yet, but looking at yours I really must try it.

    2/08/2009 11:27 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home