Wednesday, March 18, 2009

  • Main Page
  • Blue and Pink

    Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe your observer.
    -Hamilton Boudreaux

    Today's a two-fer, to make up for the posting I didn't do last week . . .

    I find baby sweaters to be a crucial part of stash busting - perfect for all those 2 and 3 skein lots left over from other projects, or otherwise hanging out in the stash. And then you have the perfect gift ready for any baby-giving occasion.

    Ribbed Baby Jacket
    Pattern:
    from Debbie Bliss, available many places
    Yarn: Lionbrand Cotton Ease in the old put up, approx 2 skeins
    Needles: US 8
    Notes: Unusual construction, but not difficult. My gauge was off so I used the numbers from the 2nd smallest size and the measurements from the 2nd largest.
    Best Thing About This Project: I just love that ribbing.

    Premiere Sweater
    Pattern: from a free Classic Elite newsletter bouncing around
    Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Victorian Pink, approx 1.75 skeins
    Needles: US 6
    Notes: I accidentally forgot to increase needle sizes after the seed stitch on the sleeves. It looks fine.
    Best Thing About This Project: A perfect paring of yarn and pattern.

    I'm in for a long night of board review classes tonight. Which means quality knitting time! I'm almost to the good part of a Fair Isle Yoke Cardigan (i.e. the fair isle yoke part) after getting inspired by Jessica's here. Stockinette stitch here I come!

    Labels:

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Pam said...

    I especially love the little pink cardigan. Very sweet details.

    3/18/2009 6:09 PM  
    Blogger Enid said...

    both jackets are gorgeous

    3/18/2009 7:54 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have fun with the miles of stockinette. I'm in the middle of a yoke sweater (on 2's!), and the sludge to the top would be made so much more reasonable if I had a class to sit through.

    3/19/2009 6:08 AM  
    Blogger Dorothy said...

    Hmm - all these baby sweaters would make us suspicious if your hubby weren't gone. :p They are cute indeed and you're going to be a hit at any baby shower you go to. I wish I could knit in meetings - I always feel a little self-conscious.

    3/19/2009 6:40 AM  
    Blogger knitzalot said...

    I love that Premiere sweater. Adorable.

    3/19/2009 7:44 AM  
    Blogger tattva1knits said...

    Adorable. Your baby sweater stash must be impressive!

    3/19/2009 8:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I LOVE the pink jacket. Could you photocopy and mail or pdf and e-mail the pattern to me (unless I can find it on ravelry)? One friend just had a girl, another has a baby on the way, so I need to get ready.

    3/19/2009 12:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Theresa, Your knitting just keeps getting better and better. Take Care! Love, Mom

    3/19/2009 5:09 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love, love, love that Premiere Sweater! Do you think it would fit a two-year old? It is just precious!

    3/19/2009 6:47 PM  
    Blogger JayJay said...

    Ooh, I have the Debbie Bliss pattern. I'll have to see if I have some yarn that will work. The pink one turned out gorgeous, by-the-way. Does is come it toddler sizes? I am looking for more patterns for Rio.

    3/23/2009 3:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Adorable baby sweaters!

    3/31/2009 9:08 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home